I quit my job today

Because an extended holiday in Bali just wasn’t giving me enough freedom. Lol. Ok, that’s not why I quit my job, well, the long-term, full-time contract that was my sole contract for the past three years.

I’ve kinda been working towards doing this for a while. It’s been tough because there are parts of my work that I really enjoy. But I have come realize that it’s not in alignment with my goals and passions, and its time to start working towards living up to my full potential.

What is that “potential” that I want to live up to? I’m still finalizing that. In fact, it’s one of the things that I have beaten myself up about because I thought that I’d have become more clear by now. I was thinking about that today, and it occurred to me that I was never going to have the clarity that I was searching for while I was still committed to my job – both contractually and emotionally.

I had not given myself the ‘space’ to truly begin to redefine my career whilst holding on to my current career. It was time to cut the ties and really take a leap of faith and put my money where my mouth was. So that’s what I did with my day today!!

I’ll keep ya posted on how that goes. But it’s feelin pretty great so far!!

Z.

Advertisements
Gallery | This entry was posted in Living Your Passion. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to I quit my job today

1. Ks says:

Awesome congrats my friend

2. Sarah says:

πŸ™‚ Harry says pick a direction and go with it until you want to change directions. To me, that means you don’t need to be very worried about what your “full potential” is as long as you’re moving in a direction you find meaningful. I think you’re doing just that! Besides, a lot of us still don’t fully know what we want to be when we grow up! I’ve about decided that some of us have ‘differentiated potential’ which makes it possible for us to be happy, useful in several scenarios. πŸ™‚

3. Buzz Rooney says:

I admire and envy the courage it takes to clear space to full commit to your passion. I know it will work out for you!

4. Danica says:

Congratulations!!! I am proud of you ‘Zuri Bell Blue’!

5. Fatimah Moody says:

Zuri,
    I am so proud of the steps you are taking towards your inner self. You are amazing and I just want you to know that I admire you as a person and cherish our friendship. All the best, Fatimah

6. Tanyea Amos says:

Your strength never ceases to amaze me! Greatness is just around the corner because now you’ve opened the door & the windows….whew!!!